Cabana and pergola builder in Toronto
Do you think that something’s missing in your patio, garden or other outdoor space? Would you like to have a place where you can enjoy privacy, hide from the sun or comfortably spend time chatting with your relatives? A functional and aesthetic cabana designed by a highly-qualified cabana building company can satisfy all your desires.
Delta Decks designs, builds and installs cabanas of any complexity, whether it is an exquisite garden cabana or a practical pool deck cabana. We provide our services based on an individual approach to each client. In order to achieve maximum compliance with the reliability and external attractiveness of the construction, we use various materials. For instance, an oversized lumber for posts, beams and rafters, hardwood or cedar for roofs, wood or composite for cabana deck, glass for roof, as necessary.
Pergolas, cabanas and gazebos are a great way to decorate your outdoor space if you want a bit of privacy and a place to hide from the sun. Commercial properties with cabanas and pergolas in Toronto are not only visually attractive, but have a higher value too. At Delta Decks we design, build and install pergolas, cabanas and gazebos of any size and complexity. Pergolas, cabanas and gazebos are a great way to decorate your outdoor space if you want a bit of privacy and a place to hide from the sun. Commercial properties with cabanas and pergolas in Toronto are not only visually attractive, but have a higher value too. At Delta Decks we design, build and install pergolas, cabanas and gazebos of any size and complexity.
Cabanas in Toronto
A cabana is a structure similar to a tent that serves as a shelter from the sun or the elements. Cabanas are typically small in size and in the shape of a square or a rectangle. Unlike pergolas and gazebos, cabanas have a more closed structure with a roof and at least three walls, which can either be made of durable materials or from fabric. They are often used as changing rooms on the beach or at the poolside. Many patios in Toronto have cabanas that are used as an outdoor kitchen with space for an open fireplace, or as a cool place to relax on hot days.
Modern cabanas are built using a combination of materials like wood, aluminum, brick, siding or glass - for instance, brick for walls and wood for the cabana deck.Cabanas can be of various sizes, from small 8x8 feet, to large 40x80 feet ones. most cabanas are medium-sized 10 by 10 feet ones, whose construction will take approximately 3-4 weeks.
Cabanas in Toronto
When building your cabana it is best to entrust your project to a professional building company like Delta Decks. Our cabana services cover all the necessary construction components from design to installation, including:
- Initial drawings and concepts
- Design development
What is a Pergola?
A pergola is a rectangular- or a square-shaped structure, consisting of a combination of posts or pillars with supporting beams. Pergolas differ from cabanas and gazebos in their open lattice structure, which doesn’t have any walls or a fully enclosed roof. These constructions are freestanding or attached to the house, with the purpose of shading a lounge area or a walkway. The most popular materials used by pergola builders are softwood, hardwood and aluminum. . Pergolas fit perfectly into any space - you can build one in the garden, on the deck, or even on the roof. A pergola with a simple design is composed of 6x6 posts, 2x10 beams and 2x6 rafters. A chunkier-looking pergola can be created with 10x10 posts, 4x10 beams and 2x8 rafters.A standard-sized pergola is 10 by 10 feet, and it usually takes about 1 week to build.
Pergola Ideas for Revamping Your Deck
Installing a pergola on an existing deck is a great way to bring natural shade to your outdoor living spaces. You can revamp your deck even more by decorating your pergola:
- Hang suspended lighting to create a cozy atmosphere;
- Install curtains for a little more privacy;
- Grow plants or vines to add greenery to your deck;
- Attach a swing to the beams
What is a Gazebo?
A gazebo is a round or octagonal structure, open on all sides, that is perfect for relaxing with friends and family. They provide good protection from sun and rain thanks to their solid roof. Classic gazebos are made of wood or composite decking, and are typically placed in parks, gardens and backyards. The rounded shape, closed roof and open sides distinguish a gazebo from pergolas or cabanas. The most common sizes of gazebo are 8x8, 10x10 and 12x12 feet respectively, taking 1-2 weeks to build.
Gazebo builders near me
If you live in the Greater Toronto Area and need a gazebo, get in touch with local gazebo installers who can help. Delta Decks provide a gazebo installation service for both residential and commercial properties. Check out our portfolio to see examples of our projects, and we can visit whenever suits you.
Pergolas And Cabanas Contractor
During your search for "pergola builders near me" or "pergolas near me", you may have come across the Delta Decks website. We have been a contractor for constructing pergolas and cabanas in the GTA since 2005, and have experience with bespoke projects including garden cabana, pool deck cabana, and pergolas on the deck, backyard and rooftop.
Before hiring a contractor to build a cabana, pergola or gazebo, we suggest you do a little research.
- Decide where you would like to place the structure. Mark a specific location near the house, in the garden, or on the roof. Think carefully about the orientation of your outdoor area and sunny or shady zones - for example, when placing a cabana near the pool, it is best to choose the sunniest spot.
- Determine the size of the structure , its estimated height and area. It should complement the size of the house, garden and other surrounding elements - a small pergola goes well with a small garden.
- Think about how you will use it. . A cabana could become a kitchen, fireplace, dressing room or storage space. Depending on the purpose, it will be necessary to think about any water or electricity supply.
- Find inspiration for your designs, for example on sites like Pinterest or Instagram, or in magazines.
- Research the materials used for construction - wood, metal or brick - and make a choice based on the intended design and budget of the project.
- Consider the construction time. . This varies with the complexity of the design and supply of materials, and may have to factor in applying for a permit. At Delta Decks, the construction of a pergola will take about 1 week, a gazebo – 1-2 weeks, a cabana – 3-4 weeks - make sure to plan in advance.
- Check whether you need a building permit. It is necessary to obtain a permit from the municipality to build a cabana larger than 100 sq. ft. Find out if your neighbors have any similar constructions, to get an idea of any objections to your design or issues with receiving a permit.
Since getting a permit involves preparing a detailed set of drawings, you can hire a designer and an architect who will create all the necessary drawings for the municipality. At Delta Decks, we can offer you these services for an extra fee.
When any permission issues are resolved (if necessary) and you have an idea about the design and budget, contact Delta Decks and we can start work immediately.
How Much Does it Cost?
The cost of your design depends on its size, selected materials, and additional elements, e.g. privacy screens. To get a rough idea of the cost, multiply the size of the structure by the value of the material.
An approximate cost: for a pergola $35/sq. ft., for a cabana $100/sq. ft., for a gazebo $80/sq. ft.
The Benefits of Hiring a Contractor to Build a Pergola, Cabana, Gazebo
The main advantages of hiring a contractor are:
- The individual service. At Delta Decks, above all, we create a conceptual design of the future pergola, cabana or gazebo. Then, we estimate the expected budget at the most affordable rates for clients. Afterwards, we prepare highly detailed, customized 2D and 3D designs and working drawings.
- The professional team. Starting from the project manager and finishing with the pergola installers, all members of the Delta Decks team are highly-qualified specialists.
- Save time and resources. You don’t need to worry about searching for and selecting materials, design and installation, or understanding all the rules. Your contractor will take care of everything.
- The quality assurance. Delta Decks assures a 3 year complete labour and material warranty upon completion of the work.
Make a call or contact us via our website to get a quote for your dream outdoor space today.